Regardless of how you feel about winter, it’s fast approaching. Now that fall is officially here, it’s the best time to prepare your home and family for the harsher weather to come. Take a look at some of the preparations you may want to make:
- Have your furnace tuned up. Check out this article detailing why you should have professionals clean and check your furnace annually.
- Clean your gutters! This article gives you a how to if it’s your first time:
- Inspect your roof! Winter weather can bring heavy snow. It’s best to inspect your roof and make repairs before big weather hits. Stay safe- use binoculars to look for damage, or hire a professional to come inspect it for you.
- Check your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. These are essential for home safety, if you don’t have them install them right away.
- Have you Chimney cleaned! The Chimney Safety Institute of America can help you find someone certified in your area.
- Stock up on winter maintenance items like salt, ice melt, shovels, and car scrapers. You don’t want to be caught without in the first winter storm. Check out this article that details the different types of salt you can use.
Preparing your home for winter is the perfect time to get a quote for Homeowners Insurance through D.E. Cressman! Be prepared for anything!